Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Jean Helou <jh...@apache.org> on 2022/06/24 16:29:27 UTC

Merging

 Hello committers,

So I have a couple MRs approved CI is unhappy for now but I hope I can get
to a state where merging is ok at some point. I realize I am unsure what
the merge policy is. Looking at the repo history it seems to be rebase &
merge ( fully linearized history ) but I wonder how other committers
actually go about this ( especially with regards to signed commits )

Do you :
- click rebase and merge in github and use github driven signatures ?
- locally checkout,rebase,  forcepush to branch, merge then push to master
using local gpg sig ?

Thanks !
jean

ps: I checked
https://james.staged.apache.org/james-project/3.7.0/community/contributing.html#
but didn't see anything particularly relevant.

Re: Merging

Posted by Benoit TELLIER <bt...@apache.org>.
Hello Jean,

On 24/06/2022 23:29, Jean Helou wrote:
>   Hello committers,
>
> So I have a couple MRs approved CI is unhappy for now
Yes apparently INFRA have some troubble with the CI, I have a 503 this
afternoon and it is the fourth time this week that there is an
interruption...
>   but I hope I can get
> to a state where merging is ok at some point. I realize I am unsure what
> the merge policy is. Looking at the repo history it seems to be rebase &
> merge ( fully linearized history ) but I wonder how other committers
> actually go about this ( especially with regards to signed commits )
>
> Do you :
> - click rebase and merge in github and use github driven signatures ?
We used to have a hand based merging process, but it did tend to be
error prone.

Personally I do rely on github to merge PRs: just click the button...