Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID> on 2018/05/15 19:48:10 UTC

completely weird unit test failure

hi folks!
I get 2 unit test failures which look completely weird to me.Plus they pass in the IDE but fail in mvn.
ERROR] Failures:
[ERROR]   CheckDescriptorLocationTest.testWarWithDescriptorInMetaInf Keys do not match expected:<...or.incorrectLocation[]> but was:<...or.incorrectLocation[
ignoredMethodAnnotation
ignoredMethodAnnotation]>
[ERROR]   CheckDescriptorLocationTest.testWarWithDescriptorInRoot Keys do not match expected:<...or.incorrectLocation[]> but was:<...or.incorrectLocation[
ignoredMethodAnnotation
ignoredMethodAnnotation]>

The unit test in question is
org.apache.openejb.config.CheckDescriptorLocationTest#testWarWithDescriptorInRoot
This bundles a single FooBean.class with a single error.We get this error, but also a few other test failures which apparently should not happen.
Those come from beans in transitive dependency projects like openejb-itests-beans.
It passes in my IDE since there the classpath is different...
Any idea what happened?
LieGrue,strub

Re: completely weird unit test failure

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
I pushed a very recent snapshot (all green) yesterday.
This part should be in sync - or we still face some parts we need to fix in BVal!

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Matthew Broadhead <ma...@nbmlaw.co.uk>.
May 17, 2018 9:30:31 PM
org.apache.openejb.config.ReportValidationResults logResults
SEVERE: FAIL ... SubjectServiceTomEETest:    @PersistenceContext
unitName has multiple matches: unitName "polling" has 6 possible matches.
May 17, 2018 9:30:31 PM
org.apache.openejb.config.ReportValidationResults logResults
SEVERE: FAIL ... SubjectServiceTomEETest:    @PersistenceContext
unitName has multiple matches: unitName "polling" has 6 possible matches.
May 17, 2018 9:30:31 PM
org.apache.openejb.config.ReportValidationResults logResults
SEVERE: FAIL ... SubjectServiceTomEETest:    @PersistenceContext
unitName has multiple matches: unitName "polling" has 6 possible matches.
May 17, 2018 9:30:31 PM
org.apache.openejb.config.ReportValidationResults logResults
SEVERE: FAIL ... SubjectServiceTomEETest:    @PersistenceContext
unitName has multiple matches: unitName "client1" has 6 possible matches.
May 17, 2018 9:30:31 PM
org.apache.openejb.config.ReportValidationResults logResults
SEVERE: FAIL ... SubjectServiceTomEETest:    @PersistenceContext
unitName has multiple matches: unitName "client2" has 6 possible matches.
May 17, 2018 9:30:31 PM
org.apache.openejb.config.ReportValidationResults logResults
SEVERE: Invalid WebModule(name=SubjectServiceTomEETest,
path=/tmp/arquillian-tomee-app-working-dir/0/SubjectServiceTomEETest)
May 17, 2018 9:30:31 PM
org.apache.openejb.config.ReportValidationResults deploy
INFO: Set the 'openejb.validation.output.level' system property to
VERBOSE for increased validation details.
May 17, 2018 9:30:31 PM org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomcatWebAppBuilder
startInternal
SEVERE: Unable to deploy collapsed ear in war
StandardEngine[Tomcat].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/SubjectServiceTomEETest]
org.apache.openejb.config.ValidationFailedException: Module failed
validation. AppModule(name=SubjectServiceTomEETest)
     at
org.apache.openejb.config.ReportValidationResults.deploy(ReportValidationResults.java:88)

[INFO] OpenEJB :: Examples :: Polling :: Web .............. FAILURE [
7.236 s]

Posted by Matthew Broadhead <ma...@nbmlaw.co.uk>.
sorry. my bad

Posted by Matthew Broadhead <ma...@nbmlaw.co.uk>.
ok now i get

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthew Broadhead <ma...@nbmlaw.co.uk>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthew Broadhead <ma...@nbmlaw.co.uk>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Did you rebuild bval 2 too?

Posted by Matthew Broadhead <ma...@nbmlaw.co.uk>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthew Broadhead <ma...@nbmlaw.co.uk>.
[INFO] OpenEJB :: Server :: CXF RS

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
In which module do you get the error?
Will try to later share my build results.

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 16.05.2018 um 13:51 schrieb Matthew Broadhead <ma...@nbmlaw.co.uk>:
>
> if i try to compile fb_tomee8 i get
>
> WARNING - Interceptor for {http://rs.cxf.server.openejb.apache.org/}En has thrown exception, unwinding now
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.JSonStreamingOutputTest$En$1@69762669 is not an instance of class javax.ws.rs.core.Response
>     at org.apache.bval.jsr.job.ValidateReturnValue.<init>(ValidateReturnValue.java:123)
>

> On 15/05/18 23:16, Mark Struberg wrote:
>>  fb_tomee8
>> I've fixed this now by fixing the broken bean. Wonder how this could have ever worked.Might also be partly random due to different build order?
>>
>> But now I'm off to the next bug.
>> EarModuleNamesTest
>> This one also scans for a resource due to haing the openejb-itests-beans on the classpath.But since the config is done manually it misses the TxMgr setup, which is null.
>> I exclude this test for now and want to see how far I come with the other tests.
>> LieGrue,strub
>>
>>     On Tuesday, 15 May 2018, 22:03:03 CEST, Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>    Which branch?
>>
>> Jon
>>
>> On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 9:51 PM, Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>   Well, this looks weird anyhow
>>> @Stateless
>>> public class AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean {
>>>
>>> compare the name and the annotation....
>>> And the additional error messages are:org.apache.openejb.config.ValidationWarning:
>>> @Init is ignored for beans of type Stateless.  Class:
>>> org.apache.openejb.test.stateful.AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean
>>> Method: create"
>>> "org.apache.openejb.config.ValidationWarning: @Remove is ignored for
>>> beans of type Stateless.  Class: org.apache.openejb.test.stateful.
>>> AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean Method: remove""
>>>
>>> Well, yes, true!
>>> Is this a negative test bean? ^^
>>>
>>>     On Tuesday, 15 May 2018, 21:48:26 CEST, Mark Struberg
>>> <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID> wrote:
>>>
>>>   hi folks!
>>> I get 2 unit test failures which look completely weird to me.Plus they
>>> pass in the IDE but fail in mvn.
>>> ERROR] Failures:
>>> [ERROR]  CheckDescriptorLocationTest.testWarWithDescriptorInMetaInf Keys
>>> do not match expected:<...or.incorrectLocation[]> but
>>> was:<...or.incorrectLocation[
>>> ignoredMethodAnnotation
>>> ignoredMethodAnnotation]>
>>> [ERROR]  CheckDescriptorLocationTest.testWarWithDescriptorInRoot Keys do
>>> not match expected:<...or.incorrectLocation[]> but
>>> was:<...or.incorrectLocation[
>>> ignoredMethodAnnotation

Posted by Matthew Broadhead <ma...@nbmlaw.co.uk>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
seems due to our exclusion changes, will try to fix it now

Romain Manni-Bucau

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.