Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Kuram, Harish" <ha...@capitalone.com> on 2002/12/17 19:13:07 UTC

BCEL.jar dependency issue

All,
  I found this blurb in the WHATSNEW file in the binary distribution of Ant
1.5.1
I didn't use the "dependency" to add new files but the <ejbjar> task
completed and the jar files looks OK.
I am yet to do runtime testing of the jar file.

* <ejbjar> now allows control over which additional classes and interfaces
  are added to the generated EJB jars. A new attribute "dependency" can be
  defined which controls what classes are added. The addition of classes now
uses
  the Jakarta-BCEL library rather than reflection, meaning bean classes are
  no longer loaded into Ant's JVM. The default dependency analyzer is known
as
  the ancestor analyzer. It provides the same behaviour as the 1.4.1 version
of
  <ejbjar>. If the BCEL library is not present, a warning will be issued
stating
  the ancestor analyzer is not available. In this case <ejbjar> will
continue
  to function but will not add super classes to the jar.

harish

Re: BCEL.jar dependency issue

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Kuram, Harish wrote:
> All,
>   I found this blurb in the WHATSNEW file in the binary distribution of Ant
> 1.5.1
> I didn't use the "dependency" to add new files but the <ejbjar> task
> completed and the jar files looks OK.
> I am yet to do runtime testing of the jar file.

It should be fine unless you have some inheritance, which is relatively
rare. If you want to get rid of the warning, set the dependency attribute to
"none"

Conor