Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tom Christiansen <tc...@chthon.perl.com> on 2000/04/05 05:59:00 UTC

Re: mod_perl cookbook

>This is by no means meant to replicate information readily
>available in other resources such as the _Perl Cookbook_, the
>Eagle book, or Stas's mod_perl Guide.  This is meant to compliment
>them.

Compliments are always appreciated.  Complements might work better for the
general public, though.  :-)

--tom

Re: mod_perl cookbook

Posted by Bill Jones <bi...@fccj.org>.
on 4/4/00 11:59 PM, Tom Christiansen at tchrist@chthon.perl.com wrote:

>> This is by no means meant to replicate information readily
>> available in other resources such as the _Perl Cookbook_, the
>> Eagle book, or Stas's mod_perl Guide.  This is meant to compliment
>> them.
>
> Compliments are always appreciated.  Complements might work better for the
> general public, though.  :-)
>
> --tom

:]

I was approached recently to write a 'white book' covering
real world Perl - as opposed to how Perl should be written.

I am going to cover what I consider apparent gaps in the
various Perl writings and mod_perl, while not a gap
per se, will be covered.

The publisher wants to cover practical applications versus
programmatic syntax.  Therefore a chapter covering 'how
the hell do I get the blaster freebie Perl scripts
working?' will be presented.

[I do not have all the chapter suggestions yet,
 as soon as I do I will OT post here again. :]

Perl doesn't HAVE to be a write-only language.
A suggested title for the book would be:

'TIMTOWTDI'

Comments & suggestions - helpful or otherwise -
would be most welcome :]

Thx!  -Sneex-  :]
- FCCJ * 501 W State St * Jacksonville, Fl 32202 * 904/632-3089 -