Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Brian W. Fitzpatrick" <fi...@collab.net> on 2005/05/11 18:04:10 UTC

fsfs lock storage in 1.2.0rc3 and earlier is incompatible with 1.2.0rc4

In the process of fixing a bug in 1.2.0rc3 (yes, this means that
1.2.0rc4 is coming soon!), we made a change to the way that locks are
stored on-disk in fsfs repositories.

What this means is that if you've created locks in your fsfs repository
in 1.2.0rc3 or earlier, when you attempt to access an existing lock
with either 1.2.0rc4 or trunk, you will get an error that looks like
this:

"svn: Corrupt lockfile for path /xxx"

Your lockfile has not been corrupted, it's just that we renamed one of
the fields in the lock representation and subversion is attempting to
read the new field and not finding it.

There are two things you can do to rectify this situation:

1. Delete the REPOSITORY/db/locks directory.  This will, however,
remove all the locks in your repository.

2. Do a search and replace of "is_xml_comment" with "is_dav_comment" on
all the files in REPOSITORY/db/locks/*/

Remember--this applies only to fsfs: bdb repositories store their locks
differently.

Lastly, this isn't technically a change in repository format since we
haven't officially released 1.2.0 yet, and that's the version that has
the new locking feature in it.

Apologies for the inconvenience,

-Fitz

Re: fsfs lock storage in 1.2.0rc3 and earlier is incompatible with 1.2.0rc4

Posted by Mark Phippard <Ma...@softlanding.com>.
"Brian W. Fitzpatrick" <fi...@collab.net> wrote on 05/11/2005 02:04:10 PM:

> In the process of fixing a bug in 1.2.0rc3 (yes, this means that
> 1.2.0rc4 is coming soon!), we made a change to the way that locks are
> stored on-disk in fsfs repositories.
>
> What this means is that if you've created locks in your fsfs repository
> in 1.2.0rc3 or earlier, when you attempt to access an existing lock
> with either 1.2.0rc4 or trunk, you will get an error that looks like
> this:
>
> "svn: Corrupt lockfile for path /xxx"
>
> Your lockfile has not been corrupted, it's just that we renamed one of
> the fields in the lock representation and subversion is attempting to
> read the new field and not finding it.
>
> There are two things you can do to rectify this situation:
>
> 1. Delete the REPOSITORY/db/locks directory.  This will, however,
> remove all the locks in your repository.
>
> 2. Do a search and replace of "is_xml_comment" with "is_dav_comment" on
> all the files in REPOSITORY/db/locks/*/
>
> Remember--this applies only to fsfs: bdb repositories store their locks
> differently.
>
> Lastly, this isn't technically a change in repository format since we
> haven't officially released 1.2.0 yet, and that's the version that has
> the new locking feature in it.
>
> Apologies for the inconvenience,

Just an additional fyi.. this also effects svn status -u, at least when
there are some locks in the repository.

Mark

Re: fsfs lock storage in 1.2.0rc3 and earlier is incompatible with 1.2.0rc4

Posted by Mark Phippard <Ma...@softlanding.com>.