Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Taylor, Jeremy" <jt...@lehman.com> on 2000/09/01 14:01:43 UTC

RE: Repeditive Component Building

You cannot change the value of a property once it is set. AFAIK there is no
way of passing parameters to a sub-task.

Of course, you could always write your own optional task to do this and then
share it with the ANT community...

Posted by Nico Seessle <ni...@seessle.de>.
I'm doing something like this really successfull using the "antcall" task
like this:

    <antcall target="getAndBuild">
      <param name="build.compiler"  value="jikes"/>
      <param name="project.dir"     value="Framework/Util"/>
      <param name="project.jar"     value="v5_util1"/>
    </antcall>

As you can see (guess?) it's even possible to use different compilers for
each call.

I dont't know if this is included in the release build, but it's included in
the nightly build.

Nico