Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "E. Falk" <bs...@directrans.com> on 2004/08/04 18:07:41 UTC

AWL headache...

Okay, dumb problem here. I've left auto-learning on for a while and my
AWL DB has grown to just over 8 MB's.

I have an address I need to remove from the AWL completely, but when I
run "spamassassin --remove-addr-from-whitelist=address@whitelist.com" I
get two "Out of memory!" messages, one after the other. And the address
remains in the AWL.

Any ideas how I can either get this address out or trim out the extra
one-time entries that are clogging the AWL?

Thanks!

Evan II

Re: AWL headache...

Posted by Kris Deugau <kd...@vianet.ca>.
"E. Falk" wrote:
> I have an address I need to remove from the AWL completely, but when
> I run "spamassassin
> --remove-addr-from-whitelist=address@whitelist.com" I get two "Out of
> memory!" messages, one after the other. And the address remains in
> the AWL.
>
> Any ideas how I can either get this address out or trim out the extra
> one-time entries that are clogging the AWL?

Well, you could start by trying my trim_whitelist script (adapted from
the check_whitelist script provided by SA) to trim out the entries that
only appear once.  http://www.deepnet.cx/~kdeugau/spamtools/

You may need to modify it for the peculiarities of your particular
DB_File/BerkelyDB setup, as I've seen three different file extensions
depending on which version of which component is installed.  :/

If that fails, your AWL data file is likely broken, and you MAY be able
to recover some of the data with the BerkelyDB tools- if you can find
them.

However, if the AWL data is hosed, you might be better off to just start
fresh;  unless it's absolutely CRITICAL that you retain that data for
some reason.

-kgd
--
Get your mouse off of there!  You don't know where that email has been!

Re: AWL headache...

Posted by Steve Bertrand <ia...@ibctech.ca>.
> Okay, dumb problem here. I've left auto-learning on for a while and my
> AWL DB has grown to just over 8 MB's.
>
> I have an address I need to remove from the AWL completely, but when I
> run "spamassassin --remove-addr-from-whitelist=address@whitelist.com"
> get two "Out of memory!" messages, one after the other. And the
> address
> remains in the AWL.
>
> Any ideas how I can either get this address out or trim out the extra
> one-time entries that are clogging the AWL?

This may be WAAAY off, but is spamd running? Perhaps killing spamd
before removing the AWL entry may help

Regards,

STeve