Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org> on 2005/07/14 19:28:46 UTC

transparent mod_speling

Hey guys,

currently mod_speling does a redirect to the correct
resource.

Now we have the problem that a legacy client implementation
does not support redirects *sigh* ...so I was wondering
whether it would be possible to add support for serving
the correct resource transparently - without a redirect.

 From a brief look into the mod_speling source code
I could not tell right away.

If you guys think it's possible and makes some sense
I could maybe invest some time implementing it...

Any comments appreciated!

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: transparent mod_speling

Posted by "Ivan Barrera A." <Br...@Ivn.cl>.
Torsten Curdt wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> currently mod_speling does a redirect to the correct
> resource.
>
> Now we have the problem that a legacy client implementation
> does not support redirects *sigh* ...so I was wondering
> whether it would be possible to add support for serving
> the correct resource transparently - without a redirect.
>
> From a brief look into the mod_speling source code
> I could not tell right away.
>
> If you guys think it's possible and makes some sense
> I could maybe invest some time implementing it...

I think it is completely possible, and easy to implement.

Re: transparent mod_speling

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Look at mod_dir, it's the most trivial example; which
performs external redirects (/dir -> /dir/) and internal
redirects (/dir -> /dir/index.html)

Bill