Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Bob Besaha <bo...@issinc.com> on 2007/08/20 17:38:33 UTC

RE: JSP based portlets in pluto

Philip,

Thanks for your help.

Is there anything to do in deploying the bridges common jar other than
dropping the jar in the lib dir?  When I add a jsp based portlet element to
portlet.xml I get an error as below.

ERROR: Failed to load portlet application for c2
org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationException: Could not
unmarshal portlet.xml. java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.util.descriptor.PortletApplicationDescriptor.crea
tePortletApplication(PortletApplicationDescriptor.java:202)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.util.descriptor.PortletApplicationWar.createPortl
etApp(PortletApplicationWar.java:234)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationManager.registe
rPortletApplication(PortletApplicationManager.java:290)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationManager.startPA
(PortletApplicationManager.java:523)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationManager$Descrip
torChangeMonitor.checkDescriptorChanges(PortletApplicationManager.java:925)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationManager$Descrip
torChangeMonitor.run(PortletApplicationManager.java:856)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.om.impl.LanguageSetImpl.get(LanguageSetImpl.java:
143)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.om.impl.LanguageSetImpl.postLoad(LanguageSetImpl.
java:236)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.om.portlet.impl.PortletDefinitionImpl.postLoad(Po
rtletDefinitionImpl.java:930)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.util.descriptor.PortletApplicationDescriptor.crea
tePortletApplication(PortletApplicationDescriptor.java:193)
        ... 5 more

Bob Besaha
719 234 0783
Intelligent Software Solutions