Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by "Thomas J. Harris" <th...@cisco.com> on 2003/06/03 19:46:32 UTC

Transaction Isolation setting for Torque DB connections

Torque-users,

Does anyone know how to set the transaction isolation level for the DB
connections Torque uses?

We are building a persistence layer benchmarking tool in-house to
determine the most appropriate object-relational Java layer, JDBC
driver, RDBMS, etc. The three Java DB layers we decided to try out first
were Torque, Hibernate, and Kodo JDO. In order for the benchmark to be
useful, the transaction isolation level must be the same setting on all
the layers. I cannot determine how to set this setting anywhere, and I
also do not know what the used level is in Torque. I simply cannot find
any documentation that describes how to set this important JDBC setting.
Can someone help? If I cannot set this value to something, we cannot use
Torque.

Tom Harris

~--------------------------------------------------------~
~| Tom Harris - Cisco Systems - VTG - CCBU - CCIS - CEM |~
~| 23-85 27th Street, Second Floor - Astoria, NY 11105  |~
~|(718) 956-3310 - mailto:tharrisx@cisco.com            |~
~| http://home.nyc.rr.com/tharrisx/                     |~
~| http://wwwin-people.cisco.com/tharrisx/tharrisx.html |~

RE: Transaction Isolation setting for Torque DB connections

Posted by "Thomas J. Harris" <th...@cisco.com>.
I'm trying to use Torque. I already have Hibernate working. As I said,
we're trying to run benchmarks, so I must use both in the same way.

Tom

Posted by "eCommerce Software Solutions Inc." <vi...@rogers.com>.
Try Hibernate on Google