Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Gnanaguru S <gn...@wipro.com> on 2013/10/14 07:43:40 UTC

Camel standalone in Production

Hi,

Is it recommended to start the applications in Camel standalone mode during
production deployments ?

Since the in-memory applications are increasing day by day, Often I am
asked.. " Why you need a runtime for Camel ? Doesn't it run by itself ? "

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Guru
http://gnanaguru.com

Re: Camel standalone in Production

Posted by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>.
As explained here, Camel can run in standalone mode (
http://camel.apache.org/running-camel-standalone.html). It is container
agnostic. Nevertheless, as camel is a java framework and depending which
Java Services it needs, Spec required, then it will sometimes required that
Camel runs within a Java EE container, OSGI Container, ....

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 7:43 AM, Gnanaguru S <
gnanaguru.sattanathan@wipro.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it recommended to start the applications in Camel standalone mode during
> production deployments ?
>
> Since the in-memory applications are increasing day by day, Often I am
> asked.. " Why you need a runtime for Camel ? Doesn't it run by itself ? "
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks
> Guru
> http://gnanaguru.com

Charles Moulliard
Apache Committer / Architect @RedHat

Re: Camel standalone in Production

Posted by Gnanaguru S <gn...@wipro.com>.
Cool. Thanks Claus & Charles. :)

Cheers,

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Its your choice where and how you want to run Camel. If standalone
makes best choice then you can do that, if running in container, then
do that etc.

A container has the advantage of being able to host multiple
applications in the same JVM, and often has tooling such as web
consoles / shell etc to help manage and monitor your applications etc.

Also companies may have "standards" that applications must be hosted
in a container which they have licensed / support contract etc.

But in the end, Camel doesn't care, its your choice.

<gn...@wipro.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it recommended to start the applications in Camel standalone mode during
> production deployments ?
>
> Since the in-memory applications are increasing day by day, Often I am
> asked.. " Why you need a runtime for Camel ? Doesn't it run by itself ? "
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks
> Guru
> http://gnanaguru.com