Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Leighton Donal Jones <jo...@student.cs.ucc.ie> on 2001/03/14 12:36:22 UTC

Apache::ASP problems

Hello,
         Would anybody be able to help with this problem? I am using
Apache, mod_perl and Apache::ASP.When I call an asp file from the browser
it seems to read the file content as html, eg on a form, in the input area
it shows the name of the variable, it dosen't recognise the perlScript and
just prints it as text. You don't know what might be causing this problem
? Is this a configuration error.

Thanks,
Leighton

Re: Apache::ASP problems

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Leighton Donal Jones wrote:

> Hello,
>          Would anybody be able to help with this problem? I am using
> Apache, mod_perl and Apache::ASP.When I call an asp file from the browser
> it seems to read the file content as html, eg on a form, in the input area
> it shows the name of the variable, it dosen't recognise the perlScript and
> just prints it as text. You don't know what might be causing this problem
> ? Is this a configuration error.

Your Apache::ASP config is likely not being picked up, so
the ASP script is being rendered as straight HTML.

Make sure you can get the ./site/eg examples that come
with the Apache::ASP distribution working.  Once done
with that, you can likely leverage your configuration
know-how into real development and production configs.

The examples in particular need to have their .htaccess
activated, see http://www.apache-asp.org/install.html#Quick%20Start

Make sure you also understand what the various config options
do for you once you get ASP working. If you don't need it,
don't use it!  See:

  http://www.apache-asp.org/config.html

--Josh

Joshua Chamas			        Chamas Enterprises Inc.
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring	Huntington Beach, CA  USA