Posted to builds@apache.org by Richard Downer <ri...@apache.org> on 2015/11/02 11:19:49 UTC

Git checkout taking >10 minutes and timing out

All,

One of our build jobs is failing with errors like this:

 > git -c core.askpass=true fetch --tags --progress
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-brooklyn.git
+refs/heads/master:refs/remotes/origin/master
ERROR: Timeout after 10 minutes
ERROR: Error fetching remote repo 'origin'

Full log:
https://builds.apache.org/job/incubator-brooklyn-master-integration/352/consoleFull

First question - should we be concerned that it is taking 10+ minutes
to check out our repository? In the repo's ancient history were some
large binary files, but I am still a bit surprised that it takes more
than 10 minutes to do the checkout.

Second question - can the timeout be increased? I checked the
"Configure" page for the job, and although I can find build timeout
options, I couldn't find a git timeout option.

Thanks
Richard.