Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Biernat <Ro...@oopl.com.au> on 2003/03/18 09:51:26 UTC

JK2 ISAPI Redirector 2.0.2 with IIS 5.0 produces excessivbe warni ngs

Hi,

Just updated my system to use the following config:

Tomcat 4.1.18 (Running as Win2K Service)
JK2 ISAPI Redirector 2.0.2
IIS 5.0
JDK 1.4.1_02
Win2K SP3

I have successfully managed to get IIS to talk to tomcat ok using the latest
ISAPI redirector. However after examining the event log I'm getting heeps
and heeps of warnings generated by the "Apache JK Connector 2". The warnings
are pretty consistent and always appear in groups of 3 that inlcude the
following:

Error: [jk_worker_ajp13.c (416)]: ajp13.service() ajpGetReply recoverable
error 120000

Error: [jk_workerEnv.c (482)]: workerEnv.processCallbacks() Error reading
reply

Error: [jk_channel_socket.c (557)]: channelSocket.receive(): Error receiving
message body -1 0

Is this something I should be worrying about? If so how can i stop the
redirector from logging these to the event log?

Thanks

Rob

Re: JK2 ISAPI Redirector 2.0.2 with IIS 5.0 produces excessivbe warnings

Posted by Konrad Rusz <ko...@ogumienie.pl>.
Hello Robert.

If You want to stop jk2 logging in Windows Application Log, You ought to do
a few simple things:
the most important things are placed in 'workers2.properties' file. You
should
change entries 'LEVEL' and 'debug' whenever they are (e.g.: LEVEL=emerg;
debug=3  - if  You do not wish to see error, debug and info logs). The
values for 'debug' we
may find in 'jk_logger.h' file. There are:

 #define JK_LOG_DEBUG_LEVEL 0
 #define JK_LOG_INFO_LEVEL  1
 #define JK_LOG_ERROR_LEVEL 2
 #define JK_LOG_EMERG_LEVEL 3

 #define JK_LOG_DEBUG_VERB   "debug"
 #define JK_LOG_INFO_VERB    "info"
 #define JK_LOG_ERROR_VERB   "error"
 #define JK_LOG_EMERG_VERB   "emerg"

It should works properly, although I tested only with values as these:
'LEVEL=ERROR' and 'debug=2' (I see, of course, only error logs in Windows
Application Log). Try to add this value:
    "logLevel"="emerg"
into Your registry keys [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software
Foundation\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\2.0]
but in my case it was not needed.

All the best,
Konrad Rusz