Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2010/09/01 22:58:46 UTC

[VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.0.2 release based on RC2

Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Client 4.0.2.
The vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes from
HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.

Packages:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.0.2/

Release notes:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.0.2/RELEASE_NOTES-4.0.x.txt

Maven artifacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-007/

SVN tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/tags/4.0.2-RC2/

Vote: HttpComponents Client 4.0.2 release
[ ] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Client 4.0.2.
[ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).

Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.0.2 release based on RC2

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 14:22 +0100, sebb wrote:
> On 1 September 2010 21:58, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Client 4.0.2.
> > The vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes from
> > HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
> > three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.
> >
> > Packages:
> > http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.0.2/
> >
> > Release notes:
> > http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.0.2/RELEASE_NOTES-4.0.x.txt
> >
> > Maven artifacts:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-007/
> >
> > SVN tag:
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/tags/4.0.2-RC2/
>
> Looks OK apart from:
>
> NOTICE.txt which still has 2009 in it.
>
> The jar files
>
> httpclient-4.0.2-tests.jar
> httpclient-osgi-4.0.2.jar
>
> don't have NOTICE and LICENSE files in the META-INF directory.
>
> ==

Fixed.

> There are no javadoc jars - not essential, but good to have if possible.
>
> Minor issue: the MANIFEST.MF file in the sources jar does not contain
> the Specification and Implementation headers.
> It would be good to fix this if possible.

If not release blockers, let's do these changes on trunk only

Oleg

Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.0.2 release based on RC2

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
  Vote: HttpComponents Client 4.0.2 release
  [X] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Client 4.0.2.
  [ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).

asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera
AdroitLogic, http://adroitlogic.org