Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Barry Lulas <Ba...@BristolWest.com> on 2002/11/01 17:24:09 UTC

Debugging a web service?

What is the best way to setup debugging of a web service?  Has this been
written up anywhere?

Re: Debugging a web service?

Posted by Francisco Andrades Grassi <bi...@nextj.com>.
Greetings

You can use Eclipse to debug the web-services. You just need to run
tomcat inside eclipse using a plugin (there's a very good one at
www.sysdeo.com).

Regards
Francisco Andrades Grassi
www.NextJ.com

Re: Debugging a web service?

Posted by Joey Gibson <jo...@joeygibson.com>.
On Fri, 1 Nov 2002 11:24:09 -0500 , Barry Lulas
<Ba...@BristolWest.com> wrote:

||| What is the best way to setup debugging of a web service?  Has this been
||| written up anywhere?

I use Eclipse with WLS7. I set breakpoints in my web service code, start
WLS with the standard JPDA switches and then connect remotely from inside
Eclipse. I then launch my client program (generally a JUnit test from an
Ant script) and when the breakpoint is hit, Eclipse "activates" and I can
step the code. It works great.

Joey

--
Oh good! My dog found the chainsaw...