Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org> on 2003/08/01 15:23:21 UTC

Re: [JELLY] If tag problem

On Thursday, July 31, 2003, at 04:30  PM, Sean W. Ferguson wrote:
> I am trying to do this:
> <core:if test="${property.length() >= min}">
>
> But it throws an Invalid comparison : GE exception.  If I do
> <core:if test="${property.length() == min}">
> or
> <core:if test="${property.length() >= 4}">
> they both come out fine.  Is there something I can do to get the first
> one to work?

I believe you might be hitting a type coercion problem. Can you try the
CVS version of jexl and see if that works for you?
-pete

Re: [JELLY] If tag problem

Posted by "Sean W. Ferguson" <se...@comcast.net>.
Thanks, that fixed it.  Of course, the other problem I've noticed is
that doing this will generate an error:

Basically it complains about the < character.