Posted to dev@tiles.apache.org by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/16 10:18:44 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Tiles 2.0.4 test build available

The test build of Tiles 2.0.4 is available.

No determination as to the quality ('alpha,' 'beta,' or 'GA') of Tiles
2.0.4 has been made, and at this time it is simply a "test build". We
welcome any comments you may have, and will take all feedback into
account if a quality vote is called for this build.

Release notes:

* https://issues.apache.org/struts/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=21811&styleName=Html&projectId=10160&Create=Create

 * http://people.apache.org/builds/tiles/2.0.4/

Maven 2 staging repository:

 * http://people.apache.org/builds/tiles/2.0.4/m2-staging-repository/

A vote regarding the quality of this test build will be initiated
within the next couple of days.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tiles 2.0.4 test build available

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 5/16/07, Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/5/16, Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>:

> > I also saw a load of messages in the output referring to the
> > apache.snapshots
> > (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository) repository -
> > looking at the pom the repository section has a comment saying "Needs
> > to be commented out for releases".
>
> In fact we're not relying on snapshots releases anymore, but I think this is
> not a problem, since the Maven release plugin automatically checks snapshot
> dependencies, and if they are found, the release cannot be done.

It's important that released poms *not* have these repositories
listed.  It causes problems in corporate environments where projects
are only supposed to build against a list of approved, internal
repositories.

Let's put it in the release procedure and make sure they get commented
out for next time.

--
Wendy

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tiles 2.0.4 test build available

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On 5/16/07, Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/5/16, Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>:
> >
> > > Personally I would prefer to see the release notes in the distribution
> > >

> > > I think that posting JIRA release notes is pretty standard. Or am I
> > missing
> > > something?
> >
> > They are, but usually copied and pasted into a text file and shipped
> > with the distro - no?
>
> Neither Struts 2.0.6 nor Struts 1.3.8 binaries have it. Your suggestion
> seems reasonable anyway, but I don't know if it is an Apache standard or
> not.

Heh good point - and I'd never noticed!. I spend  more time in commons
now where releases usually do. Anyway its up to you - ignore my
babbling :)

Niall

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
A couple of comments...

Running the tests causes the following warning along with a stack trace
WARNING: Cannot find TilesContextFactory class
org.apache.tiles.jsp.context.JspTilesContextFactory

Seeing a stack trace makes me think theres a problem that needs
resolving - better IMO to log the warning without the stack trace.

I also saw a load of messages in the output referring to the
apache.snapshots
(http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository) repository -
looking at the pom the repository section has a comment saying "Needs
to be commented out for releases".

Minor nitpick - the tiles-core and tiles-jsp jars have duplicate
LICENSE and NOTICE files (in root and meta-inf directories).

RAT report is clean :)

Personally I would prefer to see the release notes in the distribution
- rather than a Jira link.

The only one of these that seems to be an issue to me is the
apache.snapshots repository one - but I'm not a maven expert.

Niall