Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/17 01:00:26 UTC

maven console issue

I start maven console using the following command:

karan@j2ee:~/Projects/jdo/trunk/tck20$ maven -bo -
Djdo.tck.cfglist=inheritance1.conf -
Djdo.tck.identitytypes=applicationidentity console
This starts the maven console. Then i run the runtck.jdori goal. Below is
the partial output:

jdo2-tck 2.0-SNAPSHOT > [default]
runtck.jdori
build:start:

console:
console:help:

setProps:
[echo] setProps:
[echo] Configurations for this run are "inheritance1.conf". To override
this, use -Djdo.tck.cfglist=xxx on the maven command line.
[echo] Databases for this run are "derby". To override this, use -
Djdo.tck.dblist=xxx on the maven command line.
[echo] Identity types for this run are "applicationidentity". To override
this, use -Djdo.tck.identitytypes=xxx on the maven command line.
Then i run it again "notice the [ ] brackets arond the inheritance1.conf,
derby and applicationidentity.conf in the [echo] of the setProps goal

jdo2-tck 2.0-SNAPSHOT > [runtck.jdori]
runtck.jdori

setProps:
[echo] setProps:
[echo] Configurations for this run are "[inheritance1.conf]". To override
this, use -Djdo.tck.cfglist=xxx on the maven command line.
[echo] Databases for this run are "[derby]". To override this, use -
Djdo.tck.dblist=xxx on the maven command line.
[echo] Identity types for this run are "[applicationidentity]". To override
this, use -Djdo.tck.identitytypes=xxx on the maven command line.
If i run it again, this time notice [[ ]] around inheritance1.conf, derby
and applicationidentity.conf in the [echo] of the setProps goal.

jdo2-tck 2.0-SNAPSHOT > [runtck.jdori]
runtck.jdori

setProps:
[echo] setProps:
[echo] Configurations for this run are "[[inheritance1.conf]]". To override
this, use -Djdo.tck.cfglist=xxx on the maven command line.
[echo] Databases for this run are "[[derby]]". To override this, use -
Djdo.tck.dblist=xxx on the maven command line.
[echo] Identity types for this run are "[[applicationidentity]]". To
override this, use -Djdo.tck.identitytypes=xxx on the maven command line.

THE RESULT OF THE ABOVE IS THAT THE enhance.prepare goal fails with the
following message:

enhance.prepare:
[mkdir] Created dir:
/home/karan/Projects/jdo/trunk/tck20/target/enhanced/jdori/[[applicationidentity]]
org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyTagException:
/home/karan/Projects/jdo/trunk/tck20/maven.xml:414:71: <copy>
/home/karan/Projects/jdo/trunk/tck20/test/jdo/[[applicationidentity]] not
found.

--
Karan Malhi

Re: maven console issue

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Craig,

My initial thought is also that it might have something to do with
collections. I was looking at the jelly script on how it tokenizes different
configuration values and stores them. I also ran maven in debug mode "maven
-X" and have a feeling that maven is pretty fond of putting [] delimiters
around a lot of stuff.

"Anyway, I'd look at the maven representation of the configurations and see
how the collection of configurations is wrapped and unwrapped."

Good idea

Thanks

--
Karan Malhi