Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by vdanu <vd...@symcor.com> on 2007/08/24 17:33:49 UTC

Handling SOAP response with attachments

My WebService accepts requests for PDF documents, and when documents are
found (one or many), they are returned as attachments.

How does jMeter handle a SOAP response which has attachments to it?
How to find out how many attachments are being returned?
Is it possible to save each attachment into an output file?

Regards,
Val

Re: Handling SOAP response with attachments

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
The contents of SOAP responses are ignored by the sampler.

Though you can use an Assertion or Post-Processor to examine it.

I don't know how SOAP handles attachments - if they are inline, then
they will be downloaded with the rest, and can be saved as part of the
response.

Otherwise the response presumably needs to be scanned and further action taken.