Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by De...@richer.ca on 2006/07/27 22:08:39 UTC

Table-footer breaking across page

I have a 3 row table footer that I want to appear at the bottom of the
table content.  The table runs over 3 pages.  The header repeats on each
page but I have put in  table-omit-footer-at-break="true" because I only
want the footer on the last page.  This works fine *except* when the 3
rows of the footer actually hit the end of a page.  When this happens, the
footer is pushed onto the next page (properly) but I get the header and 29
blank rows of table body before the table footer appears.  Is there
another property I should be using?

Thanks,
Phil

Re: Table-footer breaking across page

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
DenisP@richer.ca wrote:
> I have a 3 row table footer that I want to appear at the bottom of the
> table content.  The table runs over 3 pages.  The header repeats on each
> page but I have put in  table-omit-footer-at-break="true" because I only
> want the footer on the last page.  This works fine *except* when the 3
> rows of the footer actually hit the end of a page.  When this happens, the
> footer is pushed onto the next page (properly) but I get the header and 29
> blank rows of table body before the table footer appears.  Is there
> another property I should be using?

The behavior is certainly a bug. However, you can just add the three
footer rows as normal rows at the end of the body, possibly with a
keep-with-previous=always in order to keep them together.

J.Pietschmann

Re: Table-footer breaking across page

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
An example FO file (not XSLT) that demonstrates the problem would be
welcome. Thanks.

On 27.07.2006 22:08:39 DenisP wrote:
> I have a 3 row table footer that I want to appear at the bottom of the
> table content.  The table runs over 3 pages.  The header repeats on each
> page but I have put in  table-omit-footer-at-break="true" because I only
> want the footer on the last page.  This works fine *except* when the 3
> rows of the footer actually hit the end of a page.  When this happens, the
> footer is pushed onto the next page (properly) but I get the header and 29
> blank rows of table body before the table footer appears.  Is there
> another property I should be using?
>
> Thanks,
> Phil

Jeremias Maerki