Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2005/06/03 12:53:08 UTC

Maven on vmgump - did I blame Jaxen too soon?

Hi all,

looking at the current Gump run I see all Maven builds fail because
they are lacking the very same set of dependencies.

dom4j-1.4-dev-8.jar
commons-jelly-20030902.160215.jar
commons-jelly-tags-jsl-20030211.143151.jar
commons-jelly-tags-log-20030211.142821.jar
commons-jelly-tags-velocity-20030303.205659.jar
commons-jelly-tags-xml-20040613.030723.jar (try downloading from http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jelly/libs/xml/)
commons-logging-1.0.3.jar
velocity-1.4-dev.jar
velocity-dvsl-0.45.jar
xml-apis-1.0.b2.jar

And it is this set of dependencies that would have caused circular
dependencies on Jaxen so I removed Jaxen.

Maybe Jaxen didn't add all those dependencies but our Maven
installation is in some way different from the one on Brutus?

Stefan

Re: Maven on vmgump - did I blame Jaxen too soon?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Strike that. It now requires some projects built with m2, ehich either
means more packages, generating ant scripts (will probably work for
all but one in question) or getting m2 to work with Gump, which I
think is something best left for Gump3. I certainly don't have the
bandwidth to do any work on this right now.

- Brett

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
On 6/3/05, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes, these were preinstalled in the local repository on brutus as
> > the 1.0.2 release required them.
>
> The "gump" user local one, yes?

Correct. It might be time to try again with building Maven from source
too... it uses latest dependencies for everything but dom4j/Jaxen now
(which is broken for the same reason as c-jelly-tags-xml).

- Brett

Re: Maven on vmgump - did I blame Jaxen too soon?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, these were preinstalled in the local repository on brutus as
> the 1.0.2 release required them.

The "gump" user local one, yes?

> Running "maven site" once online will pick up most that will ever be
> needed.

working on it.

Thanks!

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Yes, these were preinstalled in the local repository on brutus as the
1.0.2 release required them. Running "maven site" once online will