Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de> on 2014/09/23 09:23:43 UTC

Need Cygwin be 32bit? was:Error while building AOO

Hi Ankit,

Ankit Tekriwal schrieb:
> So can I run 32 bit cygwin on a 64 bit machine?Moreover Is 32 bit cygwin
> mandatory for development or we have an option for 64 bit also. Can anyone
> else too confirm??

I have added it to the subject, so hopefully get more attention.

In section 2 of the mentioned Building Guide the part "32bit version" is
emphasized. In addition, when I read section 6.4 and 6.5 in
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html, I'm pretty sure, that OpenOffice had not
made such changes mentioned there. So please give the 32bit version a try.

Kind regards
Regina

Re: Need Cygwin be 32bit? was:Error while building AOO

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Ankit,

Ankit Tekriwal schrieb:
> Attaching the configuration log

there is no attachment.

Only to be sure: You have installed the 32bit-JDK?

Kind regards
Regina

Re: Need Cygwin be 32bit? was:Error while building AOO

Posted by Ankit Tekriwal <an...@gmail.com>.
Attaching the configuration log

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 10:19 AM, Ankit Tekriwal <an...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have jdk 1.7 update 60. And yes I have used --with-jdk-home in configure
> script. Configure executed successfully with no errors.
>
> Thanks,
> Ankit
> On Sep 24, 2014 1:39 AM, "Regina Henschel" <rb...@t-online.de>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ankit,
>>
>> Which JDK do you have installed?
>>
>> Do you have --with-jdk-home= in your configure script?
>>
>> Do you have a log of the configure output? Are there any errors/warnings
>> about Java or jdk?
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Regina
>>
>> Ankit Tekriwal schrieb:
>>
>>> =============
>>> Building module bean
>>> =============
>>>
>>> Entering /cygdrive/c/source/aoo-trunk/main/bean/native/win32
>>>
>>> Making:    officebean.dll
>>> Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.1.7600.16385
>>> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>>>
>>> Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 9.00.30729.01
>>> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>>>
>>> /MAP /OPT:NOREF -safeseh -nxcompat -dynamicbase -NODEFAULTLIB -RELEASE
>>> -DEBUG -INCREMENTAL:NO /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /DLL -out:../../
>>> wntmsci12.pro/bin/officebean.dll -map:../../
>>> wntmsci12.pro/misc/officebean.map -def:../../
>>> wntmsci12.pro/misc/officebean.def -implib:../../
>>> wntmsci12.pro/lib/iofficebean_t1.lib ../../
>>> wntmsci12.pro/slo/officebean_version.obj ../../
>>> wntmsci12.pro/slb/officebean.lib jawt.lib isal.lib msvcrt.lib
>>> msvcprt.lib
>>> uwinapi.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib oldnames.lib ../../

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Ankit,

Ankit Tekriwal schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> The build is successful and I am able to launch openoffice now.

Congratulation!

  I have a
> query though. Do I have to build the whole OpenOffice after every fix that
> I do?(It took me almost 3.5 hours to build on my system).

No, in most cases it is sufficient to rebuild the module where you have
made changes. And in many cases you need not install AOO newly, but you
can drop the changed dll-files into your existing installation.

3.5 hours is a good time for Windows. My first build was about 18 hours.
Then I have bought a new PC ;)

Kind regards
Regina

Re: Need Cygwin be 32bit? was:Error while building AOO

Posted by Ankit Tekriwal <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The build is successful and I am able to launch openoffice now. I have a

Posted by Ankit Tekriwal <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Ankit,

Posted by Ankit Tekriwal <an...@gmail.com>.