Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Steve Meredith <st...@sunblade.co.uk> on 2006/02/28 10:19:17 UTC

Fwd: Problem with ant.apache.org Website Frames?

Hi

Not sure who to contact about the ant.apache website itself...no
clues (even after following help instructions for contact) on site :-|

but thought you might like to know ....

Regards
Steve
P.S. this is my last attempt at contacting someone at ant.apache
about a fault that might help them before giving up :-)

Begin forwarded message:

Re: Fwd: Problem with ant.apache.org Website Frames?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 28 Feb 2006, Steve Meredith <st...@sunblade.co.uk> wrote:

> Not sure who to contact about the ant.apache website itself...no
> clues (even after following help instructions for contact) on site
> :-|

I think the user or dev lists are the appropriate contacts.

>> Whilst surfing around ant.apache.org, I noted some odd behavior
>> that I can replicate in the latest versions of Safari, Opera, IE
>> and Firefox 1.7.
>>
>> From ant.apache.org:-
>>
>> 1) select the link "manual" under documentation.
>> 2) select the link "Apache Ant" in the text on the RH frame.
>> 	ant.apache.org then opens up within that frame.
>> 3) Now repeat the procedure which continues to open frame-after-
>> frame across RH side of the browser.
>>
>> Strange.

Well, yes.  But I guess it is sort of intentional, we don't want to
lose the RH navigation when the user switches from the manual to the
website.  In a way it does make sense.  The alternative would be to
open the website in a new window.

It certainly looks confusing if one does what you describe, but why
would anybody want to do that?  Why would you click on Manual after
leaving the manual for the website?

Stefan