Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org> on 2023/07/17 13:10:55 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.9.0 candidate 0

Hi team,

This is a release candidate for 3.9.0.

It is a major release and it introduces a lot of new features, most
notably:
- Admin server API for taking snapshot and stream out the data
- Communicate the Zxid that triggered a WatchEvent to fire
- TLS - dynamic loading for client trust/key store
- Add Netty-TcNative OpenSSL Support
- Adding SSL support to Zktreeutil
- Improve syncRequestProcessor performance
- Updates to all the third party dependencies to get rid of every known
CVE.

The full release notes is available at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310801&version=12351304

*** Please download, test and vote by July 30th 2023, 23:59 UTC+0. ***

Source files:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/zookeeper/zookeeper-3.9.0-candidate-0/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/zookeeper/zookeeper/3.9.0/

The release candidate tag in git to be voted upon: release-3.8.0-1
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/tree/release-3.9.0-0

ZooKeeper's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://www.apache.org/dist/zookeeper/KEYS

The staging version of the website is:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/zookeeper/zookeeper-3.9.0-candidate-0/website/index.html

Should we release this candidate?

Regards,
Andor

Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.9.0 candidate 0

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Mate,

Since we don't have better idea, I opened a pull request to upgrade
OWASP to the latest (8.3.1) version.

https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/2035

Please approve.

Andor

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
For what it's worth, all my tests passed today :-)

I would have cast a +1.
But I agree that we should fix the problem reported by Mate

Enrico

Posted by Szalay-Bekő Máté <sz...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Andor!

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.