Posted to dev@fluo.apache.org by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/05 13:00:32 UTC

Incubator logo on website

Hi,

Catching up on my inbox, there's a lengthy thread on general@incubator
about podling websites. You can refer to the following Wiki page as a
fairly simple explanation:

https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/BrandingAuditJune2016

I believe a simple solution would be to include the incubator disclaimer
into the footer (instead of just at the bottom of the index page) and
include the ASF Incubator logo there as well. These are low-priority
things to improve upon -- just wanted to mention before I forgot.

- Josh

Re: Incubator logo on website

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Christopher wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 12:58 PM Mike Walch<mw...@apache.org>  wrote:
>
>> I saw the discussion and have an outstanding pull request to add the
>> incubator logo (https://github.com/apache/incubator-fluo-website/pull/4).
>> As for putting the disclaimer in the footer, I saw arguments for and
>> against. Was a consensus reached?
>>

> I don't know about consensus, but I think our due diligence to include both
> the disclaimer and the incubator logo should be sufficient. We can always
> change as things become clear that we're doing it wrong.

Thanks Mike!

I agree with Christopher's take. I haven't been following closely enough
to understand all of the nuances :)

Re: Incubator logo on website

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mike Walch <mw...@apache.org>.