Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by nvijayak <nv...@cs.indiana.edu> on 2008/01/13 03:29:46 UTC

problems with deployment and windows source version

Dear Servicemix-users,

I am new user to servicemix and have been trying to get familiar with it. I
installed the binary version of servicemix and started it. I tried the
following examples from the servicemix documentation: hello world and City
zip code and Time example (Orchestration of JSR181 example). In both these
projects I was able to perform till successfully compiling the code and
creating the jars. I have been unfortunate when it came to deployment. With
just the wsdl-first service deployed the http://localhost:8192 page showed
the PersonService as deployed. When I tried deploying the above examples,
there were no errors in deployment but there services are not showing up on
the http://localhost:8192 page. Even it was mysteriously deployed  but not
listed I am stuck as to how I can test these services. I greatly appreciate
your time and help.

Would using the source version of servicemix make it easier to understand? I
downloaded the windows src zip and got many errors regarding file names when
I tried to extract it. Has anyone tried this before?

Thanks,
Nithya

Re: problems with deployment and windows source version

Posted by nvijayak <nv...@cs.indiana.edu>.

Never mind. finally figured this one out with some help. the wsdl files have
to specify the service and the soap location of the service. same way the
xbean.xml need to specify wsdlResource="classpath:xxx.wsdl". After doing
this, I am able to see the wsdls also get deployed

from wsdl inside jsr181-su:

    <wsdl:service name="Calculator">
        <wsdl:port name="CalculatorPort"
binding="tns:CalculatorSoapBinding">