Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Jorge Martinez <jm...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/04 10:40:37 UTC

Sitemaps for Roller 4.0

Hi,

I raised a question a couple of weeks ago about a sitemap generation whithin
Roller 4.0. and Dave asked which kind of sitemap, so I'll try to explain
which purpose is on behind.

I'm running Roller 4.0 for a corporate blog (
http://www.aparcalia.com/Observatorio) and I'm 'fighting against' Google for
having the whole site properly indexed and crawled. One of the must-task
whithin this process is to provide Google with a Sitemap of the site
including the complete list of URLs claimed to be crawled and indexed, and
here is where I would find very useful a 'sitemap-generator' whithin Roller
4.0. I know this feature is supported by other blog platforms, so I wonder
whether Roller has such a tool. I went through all documentation but didn't
find anything.

Cheers,

Jorge Martinez

Re: Sitemaps for Roller 4.0

Posted by Jorge Martinez <jm...@gmail.com>.
Hi, of course, what I did is to create as Dave suggested a new page template
including following code:

*************************************** START ******************

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>

<urlset xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9">

<url>
  <loc>$url.absoluteSite</loc>
  <lastmod>2008-01-08T08:22:38Z</lastmod>
  <changefreq>daily</changefreq>
  <priority>0.250</priority>
 </url>

 <url>
  <loc>$url.home</loc>
  <lastmod>2008-01-08T08:22:38Z</lastmod>
  <changefreq>daily</changefreq>
  <priority>0.250</priority>
 </url>

#set($pager = $model.getWeblogEntriesPager())
#set($map = $pager.getEntries())
#foreach($day in $map.keySet())
  #set($entries = $map.get($day))
  #foreach($entry in $entries)
     <url>
     <loc>$url.entry($entry.anchor)</loc>
     <lastmod>$utils.formatDate($day, "yyyy-MM-dd")</lastmod>
     <changefreq>daily</changefreq>
     <priority>0.450</priority>
     </url>
  #end
#end

</urlset>

*********************** END ******************************************

It includes right now urls for home, weblog home and entries, but I guess it
can be improved including urls for days and categories at least. On the
other hand, it is though for Googlebot robot (I suggest to visit
http://www.sitemaps.org/protocol.php for more information about the sitemap
protocol).

Since I will come back to it soon I will post the final code including
everything. I hope this helps at least,

Cheers,

2008/1/10, shyamprasad.harianathan@contractor.thomson.com <

--