Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Picaso <pi...@roltaus.com> on 2004/07/07 20:56:13 UTC

SMTPAppender with CDO

I tried to compile SMTPAppender using CDO. It compiles fine however it
dosen't send email!!!!!
After debugging I found out that the following condition
//////////
	if(evaluator->isTriggeringEvent(event))
	{
		sendBuffer();
	}
//////////
in method
/////
void SMTPAppender::append(const spi::LoggingEventPtr& event)
////
never gets satisfied and hence sendBuffer method which contains the code to
send email, is never called.
I will appreciate if someone can throw some light on this.

Re: SMTPAppender with CDO

Posted by Michaël CATANZARITI <mc...@apache.org>.
Picaso,

the method SMTPAppender::sendBuffer() need to be completely rewrited using the CDO APIs !
Did you work on it ?
Could you send your code to the mailing list ?

Michaël

--
Michaël CATANZARITI
log4cxx project manager