Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Santosh Diwate <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/11 13:19:39 UTC

Facing issue while installing SSL certificate for Apache Drill

Hi Team,

I have installed Apache Drill version 1.17.0  on Linux machine and one
drill bit is running in distributed mode (multiple bits will run in
future). I want to enable HTTPS on my Apache Drill so as per documents I
have modified drill-override.conf and set ssl_enabled to true but when I
hit server url in IE, I am getting certificate error. So I have generated
.csr file and privatekey.key files and shared  .csr file with authority
team. Then I
 received SSL certificate (.cer file) from trusted authority.

I have tried below options
1. Created pkg12 (.p12) using .cer and private key and provided this  .p12
file as truststore in config file, but not working
2. Tried CURL command with  .cer file and url of Apache drill but
throwing error 66: certificate key too week
3. Tried to create .jks file using keytool and  .cer file but no luck.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong here.

Can you please help in correct steps to install  .cer file so that HTTPS
will work for Apache drill without certificate error?

Regards,
Santosh Diwate.