Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Ajo Fod <aj...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/16 12:55:29 UTC

[math] Links to documents in javadocs for moment computation

Hello,

The document:
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/javadocs/api-3.2/index.htmlis
relevant to First/Second/Moments, could someone add it to those
classes
as well?

This link is already documented in :

*org.apache.commons.math3.stat.correlation.StorelessCovariance*

Re: [math] Links to documents in javadocs for moment computation

Posted by Ajo Fod <aj...@gmail.com>.
I'm sorry I was talking about the document : Formulas for Robust, One-Pass
Parallel Computation of Covariances and Arbitrary-Order Statistical
Moments<http://prod.sandia.gov/techlib/access-control.cgi/2008/086212.pdf>,
2008, Technical Report SAND2008-6212, Sandia National Laboratories.

... being relevant to the First/Second/... Moments.

-Ajo

Posted by Ajo Fod <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Unless someone wants to buy the West's reference, the closest thing to an
explanation for what is in those classes is in the Sandia report.

Perhaps you can add a link to the Sandia reference with the qualification
that it is not an exact description of the algo?

Cheers,
-Ajo.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ajo Fod <aj...@gmail.com>.