Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Egor Shipovalov <mo...@eonline.ru> on 2004/01/27 06:49:21 UTC

Debugging with Apache::DB: how to disable unneeded debug output?

Hello, Everyone.

I'm pretty sure it's a stupid question and I'll be ashamed when I hear the
answer, but every once in a while we all get stuck with such.

I'm debugging my mod_perl/Mason application interactively using Apache::DB.
While everything seem to work as advertised, I get a lot of unneeded console
output from httpd. Looks like it's reporting every subroutine and eval call:

HTML::Mason::Request::ApacheHandler::exec('HTML::Mason::Request::ApacheHandl
er=HASH(0x8b5d800)') called at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm line 792
HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler::handle_request('HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler=HASH(
0x8b5eec8)','Apache=SCALAR(0x8222880)') called at
/projects/exile/perl_lib/Exile/Handler.pm line 32
Exile::Handler::handler('Apache=SCALAR(0x8222880)') called at /dev/null line
0
eval {...} called at /dev/null line 0

Is there a way to disable this level of reporting? I tried to unset about
every debugger option, but it didn't help. I'm assuming it's not a Mason
thing since it's reporting calls to my main Perl handler as well
(Handler.pm), at which point Mason isn't yet in control (I setup and call
Mason from Perl handler, not from httpd.conf).

My configuration:
Apache 1.3.28, mod_perl 1.99, Mason 1.25, Perl 5.8.1, RedHat Linux 9 on
Intel.
httpd is run with -X

In httpd.conf:

PerlSetEnv PERL5OPT "-d"
PerlSetEnv PERLDB_OPTS "NonStop=1 AutoTrace=0 frame=0"
<Perl>
 use Apache::DB ();
 Apache::DB->init;
</Perl>
PerlFixupHandler Apache::DB

Best regards,
Egor Shipovalov.

RE: Debugging with Apache::DB: how to disable unneeded debug output?

Posted by Egor Shipovalov <mo...@eonline.ru>.
Perrin,

if this is natural to the Perl debugger, why I'm not getting it when
debugging ordinary Perl programs? It only happens under mod_perl. I'm
suspecting it's an Apache::DB thing, and not being able to turn it off would
seem ridiculous to me. Debugging experts anyone?

Best regards,
Egor Shipovalov.

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Egor Shipovalov wrote:

> I'm debugging my mod_perl/Mason application interactively using Apache::DB.
> While everything seem to work as advertised, I get a lot of unneeded console
> output from httpd. Looks like it's reporting every subroutine and eval call:
> [snip]
> Is there a way to disable this level of reporting?

I don't know, I don't use that kind of debugging, but...

> My configuration:
> Apache 1.3.28, mod_perl 1.99, Mason 1.25, Perl 5.8.1, RedHat Linux 9 on Intel.

This isn't right.  You can't use mod_perl 1.99 with Apache 1.3.28.
Do you mean mod-perl 1.29?

73,
Ged.