Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Tom Myers <to...@dreamscape.com> on 2001/08/08 15:07:54 UTC

Re: Newbie Question

At 03:58 PM 8/8/2001 +0100, Craig Reynolds wrote:
>Hi all
>... What I can't seem to find is whether the Apache SOAP uses DOM or SAX on the
>server side and if this is configurable. ie: What is the default behaviour and can I write
>a specify for a server side app whether to use DOM or SAX as the JAXP implementation?

JAXP configurability in this sense isn't for DOM v. SAX, it's for
different implementations (e.g., Sun v. Apache) of DOM and SAX.
For questions on this list, which is after all hosted at
xml.apache.org, you might get better answers by sticking mostly
with Apache (i.e., xerces, and for XSLT on top of that use xalan
unless you have a special reason not to.)

Tom Myers