Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> on 2007/08/23 17:29:13 UTC

Transition to maven-bundle-plugin

I was getting an error when I would build the trunk and I tracked it
down to the Maven extension bug...some bundles were getting installed
into the repo with an "osgi-bundle" extension rather than "jar".

Since this error was happening when building the example bundles, I
decided to quickly convert all example bundles to use
maven-bundle-plugin; I just committed this change and now everything
builds for me.

It appears that the following sub-projects are using the old plugin:

    * ./jmood/pom.xml
    * ./jmxintrospector/pom.xml
    * ./mishell/pom.xml
    * ./upnp.basedriver/pom.xml
    * ./upnp.extra/pom.xml
    * ./upnp.sample.clock/pom.xml
    * ./upnp.sample.binaryLight/pom.xml
    * ./upnp.sample.tv/pom.xml
    * ./upnp.tester/pom.xml

It would be great to get these converted too, so we can clean up our pom
files to get rid of all plugin profiles...

-> richard

RE: Transition to maven-bundle-plugin

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Didier Donsez <di...@imag.fr>.
+1
Didier

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Am Freitag, den 24.08.2007, 10:15 -0400 schrieb Richard S. Hall:
> > BTW: I would also like to fix some issues with JMood, is there any owner
> > of that project ?
> >

> Manuel Santillan is the owner...work up some patches to run by him.

Ok. Will do.

Regards
Felix

Re: Transition to maven-bundle-plugin

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Felix Meschberger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> +1
>
> As Stefano already did the UPNP stuff, I would volonteer to do the
> jmood, jmxintrospector and mishell stuff.

That would be great.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Stefano Lenzi wrote:
> Richard S. Hall wrote:
>> Stefano Lenzi wrote:
>>> I've just committed all the UPnP project modified as planned. I'm
>>> also thinking to move all the UPnP project in a subfolder.
>>
>> Yes, definitely move them to a sub-folder like the other projects.
>> Thanks.
>
> All the project moved :)

Thanks.

You could also reduce some duplication if you removed the "upnp." and
"upnp.sample." prefixes from your directory names, since they are no
longer necessary with the hierarchy.

Posted by Stefano Lenzi <ki...@interfree.it>.

Posted by Stefano Lenzi <ki...@interfree.it>.
Richard S. Hall wrote:
> Stefano Lenzi wrote:
>> I've just committed all the UPnP project modified as planned. I'm also
>> thinking to move all the UPnP project in a subfolder.
>
> Yes, definitely move them to a sub-folder like the other projects. Thanks.
>
> However, for me the trunk doesn't build. I get this error:
>
>     [exec] Reason: Unable to download the artifact from any repository
>     [exec]
>     [exec]   org.cybergarage.cyberlink:cyberlink:pom:1
>     [exec]
>
> -> richard

Fixed! :)
Sorry I forgot to add repository to the pom.xml and I had the artifact
in my m2 local repo :S

Ciao,
Stefano "Kismet" Lenzi

Re: Transition to maven-bundle-plugin