Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2009/06/16 07:37:41 UTC

Default war deployed w/o plan gets /WebApp_ID context?

Aren't we trying to do something a little bit more intelligent about
picking a context for deployed wars w/o a plan.xml?

Re: Default war deployed w/o plan gets /WebApp_ID context?

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
I think that is the case now, I was confused (still a little too) as
to why the <web-app id="" was being used instead.

--jason

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
> On Jun 16, 2009, at 12:08 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:
>
>> I have to retract this with some shame... *blush*
>>
>> I didn't realize that all of the silly webapps I was testing had
>> their <web-app id="WebApp_ID" ...
>
> It's news to me that tomcat does this.... it must be a result of
> feeding the web.xml into digester.  I'm pretty sure jetty ignores
> any id attributes.... this is pretty weird use of the id attribute
> IMHO and is certainly beyond the spec.
>
> thanks
> david jencks

Hrm... maybe its not such a good thing to let Tomcat do that?

--jason

Re: Default war deployed w/o plan gets /WebApp_ID context?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.

--
Shawn

Re: Default war deployed w/o plan gets /WebApp_ID context?

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.

--
Ivan