Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Nathan Maves <Na...@Sun.COM> on 2004/08/26 17:23:34 UTC

Why not use MappingDispatchAction in 1.2? Was: how to use DispatchAction?

On a bit of a side note...

I would suggest using MappingDispatchAction in the 1.2 builds.  This
has made the use of dispatch actions much much easier.  It allows you
to move the "method" parameter into the action mapping itself.  This
way you do not need to send the parameter in the request.

Nathan

How long does it take to master appfuse?

Posted by struts Dude <sc...@slingshot.co.nz>.
Hi

How long does it take to master appfuse.?

Appfuse looks powerful but daunting to learn.
It uses hibernate, xdoclet, junit, cactus, spring
.. whatever, each technology can fill a book.

Do I need to  learn J2EE to get full benefit of
appfuse?

Can I get much out of appfuse if I don't use J2EE
for development? Another way of saying this is
, is using appfuse overkill for a simple web app
that doesn't use J2EE?

Just a side question, can eclipse validate dtd like
intellij?

Thanks

Duuuude