Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by djain101 <dh...@yahoo.com> on 2009/10/01 02:20:12 UTC

Re: Create new core on the fly

> So, if we
> do a create, will it modify the solr.xml everytime? Can it be avoided in
> subsequent requests for create?
>

>No, solr.xml will be modified only if persist=true is passed as a request
>param. I don't understand your second question. Why would you want to issue
>create commands for the same core multiple times?

Shalin, persist=true does not work with the create action. I am creating the
core using the below url and everytime it is modifying solr.xml
http://localhost:8080/app/solr/admin/cores?action=CREATE&name=core1&instanceDir=core1&persist=false

Our requirement is that, we have multiple solr app servers behind a load
balancer. So if we hit a url to create solr core, it will hit any one of the
app server and core will be loaded on to that app server only. Rest all
other app servers will not be aware about the new solr core and all the
search requests will fail if it hit the other app servers on which core is
not loaded. That's the reason we need to CREATE cores on each of the app
server but we don't necessarily want solr.xml to be modified.

Thanks,
Dharmveer