Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> on 2015/11/13 20:40:29 UTC

ETL with Ignite

Guys,

We have a data-pipeline ingesting some data into Ignite cache from a JSON
source. While JSON ingestion isn't an issue by itself, it seems that there's
no mechanism in place to detect and create a schema class for JSON data
structure on the fly.

I know there's a functionality to automatically detect and import DB schemas
(which is an easier thing to do, considering the availability of declarative
DDL). I wonder if there's something we've overlooked wrt JSON? If not, any
ideas on how to proceed with such implementation would be very appreciated!

Thanks,
  Cos

Re: ETL with Ignite

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Cos,

I see that you have already found the JSON ticket:

This ticket will make it possible to index JSON object in Ignite cache and
use them in SQL queries. If you don’t need indexes, why not just store
JSONs as String objects or byte arrays?

D.