Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/09 18:23:43 UTC

[RTC] : Migrate remote-deploy to m2

Merged remote-deploy-lib with remote-deploy.
Migrated remote-deploy to M2.

Re: [RTC] : Migrate remote-deploy to m2: PLEASE VOTE

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
OK OK I should have pointed out that I applied the patch after we got
to 3 +1's yesterday :-)

Thanks everyone for voting!  Now we're up to 6! (assuming I can count
that high :-) (and not meaning 6 factorial)

Guillaume mentioned yesterday:

Btw, would it be easier for the m2 migration, to create a branch,
where the RTC would not apply, and then merge all in trunk ?
I guess this could also apply to some features that requires a
significant number of patches...

For the m2 stuff, I don't think that would help, but rather create a
lot of extra work to sync the branches.  I don't think there's a lot
more to commit that will require RTC.  There are a couple more
plugins, one being voted on and the other not yet written IIUC.
Pretty much everything else is going to be bug fixes to get things to
work together.

I think we don't have enough experience with RTC yet to judge what
needs to be developed in a sandbox branch and what can be better done
directly on trunk.  Both seem to have problems to me: work done in
the sandbox is not so likely to get as much scrutiny as a bunch of
patches applied to trunk, and keeping the sandboxes in sync with
trunk changes could be tricky.  That's sort of what we did with 1.1,
and now we have a big merge problem to resurrect the original 1.2
work.  Again, I think we need to try RTC longer before we all rush
off to private sandboxes :-)

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
+1

On 6/13/06, David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> This is really a pretty simple minded uncontroversial patch that's
> been sitting around for 3 or 4 days now after 2 quick +1's.  I know
> we're trying to get 1.1 out the door but another review would be
> really appreciated to keep the m2 migration moving.
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Jun 10, 2006, at 10:13 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:
>
> > I've read through it and support it, but have not tried it.  Since I
> > also have mac/linux and trust David J, here's my +1.  :)
> >
> > Thanks,
> >   Aaron
> >
> > On 6/10/06, David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> To review, in 1.0 we had problems with web app classloaders that
> >> prevented gbeans being loaded from the web app classloader: as a
> >> workaround for remote-deploy we put the gbean classes for the web app
> >> in remote-deploy-lib.  This patch brings everything back into remote-
> >> deploy.
> >>
> >> I've provided instructions for a mac/linux system in the jira issue,
> >> applied the patch, and verified it works in m1 and m2 builds.
> >>
> >> Here's my +1 to committing it.
> >>
> >> thanks
> >> david jencks

> >> in the
> >> take into

> >> deploy war
> >> module"

> >> preserve svn
> >> the
> >> something like

> >> remote-
> >> patch

> >> unfortunately

Hiram

Re: [RTC] : Migrate remote-deploy to m2: PLEASE VOTE

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gu...@worldonline.fr>.
+1, seems fine to me.

Btw, would it be easier for the m2 migration, to create a branch, where
the RTC would not apply, and then merge all in trunk ?
I guess this could also apply to some features that requires a
significant number of patches...

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet