Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Dmitry <rg...@inbox.ru> on 2011/04/02 15:28:16 UTC

problem with headers (IMAP-276)

Issue IMAP-276 is here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMAP-276

Hello Norman

> Norman Maurer added a comment - 02/Apr/11 07:32
> That can't be the raw email content. If so it is malformated and so
expected to
> be not correctly displayed...

OK, you're right. This mail is malformated. RFC 2822 and RFC 2047. All
characters with codes above 127 bit in headers must be encoded.
Sorry, the combination of words "row email" is incorrect. I copied the mail
to IMAP folder.
Now more: I can not get from JAMES server this mails with malformated
headers through POP3 (description of IMAP-276 changed).
10% of e-mails have 8-bit-characters in headers (probably spam, but not only
spam).
I would like to get advice.
Thanks

Dmitry