Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "DeVenuto, Rob" <rd...@Sciforma.com> on 2003/08/29 21:45:48 UTC

Running Tomcat off a CD

Tomcat 4.1.24 / WINXP SP1

Has anyone successfully run Tomcat off a CD?  I know this is a little
out of the ordinary.  We have a J2EE app which I would like to teach to
students.  The problem is having a quick setup environment for the
students with having to install minimal software.  I have adjusted the
variables in the startup.bat, setclasspath.bat, and catalina.bat files
to point to a CD, but am still not having any luck.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Rob DeVenuto

RE: Running Tomcat off a CD

Posted by Joao Medeiros <jo...@ntlworld.com>.
You can also try Microsoft Netmeeting if you're using Windows 2000 or
Windows XP. It allows you to connect 2 or more computers charing the
same desktop (yours). Students will be able to see what you're doing and
I'm not sure because I've never tried it but I think it also allows for
others to interact with your desktop as well.

Anyways, just another option for you to think about :-)

/JM

MessageIf you can get access to a laptop (I thought most schools have
that or am I wrong?), you can install everything on it and then do your
demo thru a Proxima projector.  If you cannot get a laptop, you can use
a portable USB2 hard-drive.  That should work.

Hope this helps.

Re: Running Tomcat off a CD

Posted by epyonne <ep...@hotmail.com>.