Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Vavricka <va...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/28 14:23:41 UTC

ACL Java Broker 6.0.2 AMQP 1.0

Hi,

  I am testing Qpid Java Broker 6.0.2. I am struggling with setting ACL
rights for AMQP 1.0 (qpid-jms-client 0.9.0) client.

  For AMQP 0-10 (qpid-client 6.0.2) ACL rights are working as expected.

  When I use same ACL rights for AMQP 1.0 as in AMQP 0-10, looks like client
is not restricted at all. I can publish to exchanges, consume queues, etc.

  When I set only one ACL rule

  I cannot consume from queue but I can still publish to exchange with AMQP
1.0 client.

  Below is log of PUBLISH to exchange from AMQP 1.0 client with
amqp.traceFrames=true option:

Is there need some special configuration for AMQP 1.0 to get ACL working as
in AMQP 0-10?

Vavricka

Re: ACL Java Broker 6.0.2 AMQP 1.0

Posted by Vavricka <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

 thanks for quick reply.

 Including this in version 6.1 is OK for me.

 Best Regards,

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hello Vavricka

The ACL publish rule was not implemented on Java Broker 6.0 on AMQP
1.0 path   The work has been done on trunk already, under QPID-7008.
This is already planned to be part of the next minor release - 6.1.
We don't have a release date for this yet and will probably be at
least two/three months away.

If this is pressing for you, we will probably be able to include this
in the next 6.0 maintenance release.  Raise a Jira if this is the
case.

Kind regards Keith.