Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Guillaume Dufrene <Gu...@lifl.fr> on 2006/04/27 10:07:41 UTC

Helloworldwsclient broken ?

Hi,

I have a problem with this sample.
When I launch HelloWorldClient, A NullPointerException is thrown :

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.util.AxiomHelper.toDataObject(AxiomHelper.java:190)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.util.AxiomHelper.toOMElement(AxiomHelper.java:96)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.handler.ExternalWebServiceClient.invoke(ExternalWebServiceClient.java:73)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.handler.ExternalWebServiceTargetInvoker.invokeTarget(ExternalWebServiceTargetInvoker.java:73)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.handler.ExternalWebServiceTargetInvoker.invoke(ExternalWebServiceTargetInvoker.java:85)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.wire.impl.InvokerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerInterceptor.java:39)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.wire.jdk.JDKInvocationHandler.invoke(JDKInvocationHandler.java:112)
    at $Proxy15.getGreetings(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.samples.helloworldwsclient.HelloWorldServiceComponentImpl.getGreetings(HelloWorldServiceComponentImpl.java:40)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.samples.helloworldwsclient.HelloWorldClient.main(HelloWorldClient.java:44)

The problem seems to come from this method (In AxiomHelper) :

    public static DataObject toDataObject(TypeHelper typeHelper,
Object[] os, QName typeQN) {
        XSDHelper xsdHelper = new XSDHelperImpl(typeHelper);
        Property property =
xsdHelper.getGlobalProperty(typeQN.getNamespaceURI(),

typeQN.getLocalPart(),
                                                        true);
        System.out.println( "TypeQN : " + typeQN.toString() ); // <---
Added for degug
        DataObject dataObject = new
DataFactoryImpl(typeHelper).create(property.getType());
        List ips = dataObject.getInstanceProperties();
        for (int i = 0; i < ips.size(); i++) {
            dataObject.set(i, os[i]);
        }
        return dataObject;
    }

The exception is thrown because property is null.
xsdHelper.getGlobalProperty return null when trying to get
"getGreetings" QName.

I don't really understand where does the problem come from ...

Are you aware of that problem ?
I checkout SVN release 397143, running mvn, configuring my Eclipse
environment according
to your wiki installation page.

Re: Helloworldwsclient broken ?

Posted by Guillaume Dufrene <Gu...@lifl.fr>.
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a problem with this sample.
>> When I launch HelloWorldClient, A NullPointerException is thrown :
>>
>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>    at
>> org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.util.AxiomHelper.toDataObject(AxiomHelper.java:190)
>>
>>    at
>> org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.util.AxiomHelper.toOMElement(AxiomHelper.java:96)
>>
>>    at
>> org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.handler.ExternalWebServiceClient.invoke(ExternalWebServiceClient.java:73)
>>
>>    at
>> org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.handler.ExternalWebServiceTargetInvoker.invokeTarget(ExternalWebServiceTargetInvoker.java:73)
>>
>>    at
>> org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.handler.ExternalWebServiceTargetInvoker.invoke(ExternalWebServiceTargetInvoker.java:85)
>>
>>    at
>> org.apache.tuscany.core.wire.impl.InvokerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerInterceptor.java:39)
>>
>>    at
>> org.apache.tuscany.core.wire.jdk.JDKInvocationHandler.invoke(JDKInvocationHandler.java:112)
>>
>>    at $Proxy15.getGreetings(Unknown Source)
>>    at
>> org.apache.tuscany.samples.helloworldwsclient.HelloWorldServiceComponentImpl.getGreetings(HelloWorldServiceComponentImpl.java:40)
>>
>>    at
>> org.apache.tuscany.samples.helloworldwsclient.HelloWorldClient.main(HelloWorldClient.java:44)
>>

>> The problem seems to come from this method (In AxiomHelper) :
>>
>>    public static DataObject toDataObject(TypeHelper typeHelper,
>> Object[] os, QName typeQN) {
>>        XSDHelper xsdHelper = new XSDHelperImpl(typeHelper);
>>        Property property =
>> xsdHelper.getGlobalProperty(typeQN.getNamespaceURI(),
>>
>> typeQN.getLocalPart(),
>>                                                        true);
>>        System.out.println( "TypeQN : " + typeQN.toString() ); // <---
>> Added for degug
>>        DataObject dataObject = new
>> DataFactoryImpl(typeHelper).create(property.getType());
>>        List ips = dataObject.getInstanceProperties();
>>        for (int i = 0; i < ips.size(); i++) {
>>            dataObject.set(i, os[i]);
>>        }
>>        return dataObject;
>>    }
>>
>> The exception is thrown because property is null.
>> xsdHelper.getGlobalProperty return null when trying to get
>> "getGreetings" QName.
>>
>> I don't really understand where does the problem come from ...
>>
>> Are you aware of that problem ?
>> I checkout SVN release 397143, running mvn, configuring my Eclipse
>> environment according
>> to your wiki installation page.
>>

> Hi, I think this should be fixed by my fix to JIRA issue TUSCANY-237 /
> revision r397472. Could you please do an svn up and try again? Thanks.

Ok, I have just updated to rev 397476 and it works.
Huge Thanks.

--
Guillaume.

Re: Helloworldwsclient broken ?

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Guillaume Dufrene wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with this sample.
> When I launch HelloWorldClient, A NullPointerException is thrown :
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>    at
> org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.util.AxiomHelper.toDataObject(AxiomHelper.java:190)
>
>    at
> org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.util.AxiomHelper.toOMElement(AxiomHelper.java:96)
>
>    at
> org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.handler.ExternalWebServiceClient.invoke(ExternalWebServiceClient.java:73)
>
>    at
> org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.handler.ExternalWebServiceTargetInvoker.invokeTarget(ExternalWebServiceTargetInvoker.java:73)
>
>    at
> org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.handler.ExternalWebServiceTargetInvoker.invoke(ExternalWebServiceTargetInvoker.java:85)
>
>    at
> org.apache.tuscany.core.wire.impl.InvokerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerInterceptor.java:39)
>
>    at
> org.apache.tuscany.core.wire.jdk.JDKInvocationHandler.invoke(JDKInvocationHandler.java:112)
>
>    at $Proxy15.getGreetings(Unknown Source)
>    at
> org.apache.tuscany.samples.helloworldwsclient.HelloWorldServiceComponentImpl.getGreetings(HelloWorldServiceComponentImpl.java:40)
>
>    at
> org.apache.tuscany.samples.helloworldwsclient.HelloWorldClient.main(HelloWorldClient.java:44)
>

> The problem seems to come from this method (In AxiomHelper) :
>
>    public static DataObject toDataObject(TypeHelper typeHelper,
> Object[] os, QName typeQN) {
>        XSDHelper xsdHelper = new XSDHelperImpl(typeHelper);
>        Property property =
> xsdHelper.getGlobalProperty(typeQN.getNamespaceURI(),
>
> typeQN.getLocalPart(),
>                                                        true);
>        System.out.println( "TypeQN : " + typeQN.toString() ); // <---
> Added for degug
>        DataObject dataObject = new
> DataFactoryImpl(typeHelper).create(property.getType());
>        List ips = dataObject.getInstanceProperties();
>        for (int i = 0; i < ips.size(); i++) {
>            dataObject.set(i, os[i]);
>        }
>        return dataObject;
>    }
>
> The exception is thrown because property is null.
> xsdHelper.getGlobalProperty return null when trying to get
> "getGreetings" QName.
>
> I don't really understand where does the problem come from ...
>
> Are you aware of that problem ?
> I checkout SVN release 397143, running mvn, configuring my Eclipse
> environment according
> to your wiki installation page.

Hi, I think this should be fixed by my fix to JIRA issue TUSCANY-237 /
revision r397472. Could you please do an svn up and try again? Thanks.

--
Jean-Sebastien