Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/01 21:02:03 UTC

Re: business process engine source donation to ServiceMix

Hi Cory

On 1 Feb 2006, at 19:20, cory wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The ServiceMix project provides a good JBI platform but its currently
> lacking a service orchestration engine. We have a Business Process
> Engine
> that we'd like to donate to the ServiceMix project. It handles
> orchestration of message exchanges along with support for open
> standards like BPEL 1.1 and is easy to integrate into ServiceMix.
> You can
> review the code here at:
>
> ftp://ftp.sybase.com/pub/incoming/wcss/bpe/bpe-src.tar.gz
>
> The code is currently licensed under a Sybase evaluation license but
> we are happy to supply an Apache licensed version assuming the code is
> acceptable to the ServiceMix community. We are also happy to change
> the package names to conform to Apache.  We would be happy to help
> support this aspect of ServiceMix within your community and work
> closely with others to improve the engine and take it to the next
> level.  Would you be interested in accepting an Apache version of the
> message orchestration code?

Awesome stuff! We could really use a process engine.

I've had a look through the code and it looks really nice and simple
- it'd be very easy to integrate. I'm certainly all for this
donation, it looks great. (Can't wait to try it out with ServiceMix :)

Before we can accept the donation we'd need to call a vote on the
Geronimo PMC and then there's some Software Grant / IP clearance
documents we'd need to go through; but if you're happy to donate the
code & IP to Apache this is a big win for the Apache community as a
whole.
http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/

Many thanks Cory! Am very excited about this!

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/