Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by "Nicolás Velásquez O." <gn...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/17 11:32:42 UTC

MapR problem. No FileSystem for scheme: maprfs

Hi,

I'm having problems to run Solr using Apache Slider on MapR. Specifically,
when I try to install the slider package it fails because slider doesn't
have support for maprfs:
$ slider install-package --replacepkg --name solr --package
~/inst/solr/solr-slider/solr-on-yarn.zip
2017-02-17 12:08:28,635 [main] INFO  service.AbstractService - Service
Slider Client failed in state INITED; cause: java.io.IOException: No
FileSystem for scheme: maprfs
java.io.IOException: No FileSystem for scheme: maprfs
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.getFileSystemClass(FileSystem.java:2644)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:2651)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$200(FileSystem.java:92)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.getInternal(FileSystem.java:2687)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:2669)
        at
org.apache.slider.common.tools.CoreFileSystem.<init>(CoreFileSystem.java:82)
        at
org.apache.slider.common.tools.SliderFileSystem.<init>(SliderFileSystem.java:38)
        at
org.apache.slider.client.SliderClient.initHadoopBinding(SliderClient.java:498)
        at
org.apache.slider.client.SliderClient.serviceInit(SliderClient.java:318)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.service.AbstractService.init(AbstractService.java:163)
        at
org.apache.slider.core.main.ServiceLauncher.launchService(ServiceLauncher.java:182)
        at
org.apache.slider.core.main.ServiceLauncher.launchServiceRobustly(ServiceLauncher.java:475)
        at
org.apache.slider.core.main.ServiceLauncher.launchServiceAndExit(ServiceLauncher.java:403)
        at
org.apache.slider.core.main.ServiceLauncher.serviceMain(ServiceLauncher.java:630)
        at org.apache.slider.Slider.main(Slider.java:49)
Exception: java.io.IOException: No FileSystem for scheme: maprfs
2017-02-17 12:08:28,637 [main] ERROR main.ServiceLauncher - Exception:
java.io.IOException: No FileSystem for scheme: maprfs
org.apache.hadoop.service.ServiceStateException: java.io.IOException: No
FileSystem for scheme: maprfs
        at
org.apache.hadoop.service.ServiceStateException.convert(ServiceStateException.java:59)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.service.AbstractService.init(AbstractService.java:172)
        at
org.apache.slider.core.main.ServiceLauncher.launchService(ServiceLauncher.java:182)
        at
org.apache.slider.core.main.ServiceLauncher.launchServiceRobustly(ServiceLauncher.java:475)
        at
org.apache.slider.core.main.ServiceLauncher.launchServiceAndExit(ServiceLauncher.java:403)
        at
org.apache.slider.core.main.ServiceLauncher.serviceMain(ServiceLauncher.java:630)
        at org.apache.slider.Slider.main(Slider.java:49)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: No FileSystem for scheme: maprfs
[...]
        ... 5 more
2017-02-17 12:08:28,639 [main] INFO  util.ExitUtil - Exiting with status 56

I have tried (with no success) to copy the maprfs jar to the slider lib
path, and to set the CLASSPATH on slider-env.sh as:
export CLASSPATH=/opt/mapr/lib/maprfs-5.2.0-mapr.jar
and
export CLASSPATH=`hadoop classpath`

Has anybody got apache slider to work on top of mapr?

Thanks!
Nicolas

Re: MapR problem. No FileSystem for scheme: maprfs

Posted by Gour Saha <gs...@hortonworks.com>.
Great, it worked for you.

The reason slider client did not pick up the change in
/opt/mapr/hadoop/hadoop-2.7.0/etc/hadoop/core-site.xml is probably because
HADOOP_CONF_DIR in slider-env.sh is not set to that path. It is ok to set
that property in slider-client.xml which made the client submit the app,
but remember even the Slider AM would need that value when it comes up. So
you might have to add it to slider-server.xml as well.

I usually set HADOOP_CONF_DIR in slider-env.sh and that takes care of both.

Copying the 3 jars to slider lib dir is also the ok thing to do.

-Gour

Posted by "Nicolás Velásquez O." <gn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Nicolás Velásquez O." <gn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gour!

Posted by Gour Saha <gs...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by "jonmaron@gmail.com" <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Nicolás Velásquez O." <gn...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

--
Nicolás Velásquez O.
Mobile +41.767189348

Re: MapR problem. No FileSystem for scheme: maprfs

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.