Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Hohlen, John" <JH...@erac.com> on 2002/09/10 17:43:34 UTC

RE: ??? In JSP Error Message Using Struts 1.1 and Multiple Messag e Re source Files

I solved part of the problem on my own problem. I shouldn't be using the
resource bundle in my code.  The Struts framework figures which out messages
resource bundle to use based on the current sub-application being used.
Therefore, I changed my code to the following:

     errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR,
                new ActionError("error.login.blankUserIdPassword"));

However, Struts still doesn't seem to find the value for my error message.
Now it displays the key:

Correct the following error(s):
???en_US.error.login.blankUserIdPassword???

Other internationalized text on my JSP is being correctly found in the
sub-application's message resource file as I use the "bundle" attribute in
my JSP custom tags.  But the action errors code doesn't seem to be finding
the message resource bundle.