Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Martin Mauri <mm...@profesi.com.ar> on 2001/10/31 14:21:57 UTC

disable-output-escaping !!

Hi users,

I need to use some kind of disable-output-escaping cause' I need to show the result of the HTML generated on an Excel spreadsheet. The process of rendering to HTML and sending it to IExplorer with the application/vnd.ms-excel is done in the same process pipeline. The problem rises when the Excel OLE control embedded in IE opens it. As HTTPFormatter transforms every "o"(~) to its correspondent SGML code &ordm;. The thing is that Excel 97 doesn't recognise it.
I took a look at the FAQs and it says that using "disable-output-escaping" is bad coding, so I don't know what to do.

any idea??

thanks in advance.

Lic. Martin O. Mauri
Profesion + Auge A.F.J.P.
Paraná 666 - CP:1017 - Cap. Federal
TE: (011)4373-7786/7 int:422
mmauri@profesi.com.ar
www.profesi.com.ar

Re: disable-output-escaping !!

Posted by Jörg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi Martin,

sorry, that you have to wait so long, but I have not much time at the
moment.

I think there are 2 possiblities. Either IE and Excel 97 could use XML, so
the Transformer could not transform it to the HTML-entity. Or you set the
encoding of the output file for instance to ISO-8859-1, the output method
the to html and disable the output escaping.

version="1.0">
    <xsl:output encoding="iso-8859-1" method="html"/>

    <xsl:template match="address">
        <xsl:value-of disable-output-escaping="yes" select="."/>
    </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Hope this helps,

Joerg