Posted to user@shale.apache.org by Mario Buonopane <go...@tiscali.it> on 2008/07/18 14:40:00 UTC

org.apache.shale.dialog.basic.config.DialogImpl not serializable

Hi, I’m trying to serialize my HttpSession but I receive an error
because org.apache.shale.dialog.basic.config.DialogImpl is not Serializable.

I think Shale is putting an object of this class in the view...

Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance
Mario

Re: org.apache.shale.dialog.basic.config.DialogImpl not serializable

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 8:40 AM, Mario Buonopane <go...@tiscali.it> wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to serialize my HttpSession but I receive an error because
> org.apache.shale.dialog.basic.config.DialogImpl is not Serializable.

<snip/>

I cannot talk to the original intent, but I do think it makes sense to
have most bits in the config package above be Serializable.

> I think Shale is putting an object of this class in the view...
>
> Can you help me please?

<snap/>

If you want to track this, you could open an improvement request in
JIRA [1]. Further, if you want to help (which will increase the
chances that the JIRA issue will be looked at sooner), you could
attach a patch as well (see link to the "Apache Contributors Guide").

-Rahul

[1] http://shale.apache.org/issue-tracking.html