Posted to bsf-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at> on 2006/01/26 08:28:52 UTC

Changing setup in Apache's world, how ? (Re: for release: Rhino 1.6 compatibility

Hi Sanka,

>> That's the reason why I would think it to be important to have an
>> automated build-mechanism (at least triggered by check-ins into the SVN).
>>

> +1 !!,
>
> We do that in most of ws-* projects at Apache where each commit
> triggers an automated build mechanisam which builds a new
> -SNAPSHOT-.jar from the fresh codebase.

That sounds sound!
;)
> I dont see any reason why we couldn't or shouldn't do same with BSF.
>
> Does anyone have any idea on how to do this? I can start to work on
> that we someone can provide me some guidance.

Unfortunately, I have no idea whatsoever, as I have never done that in
Apache's world. Maybe someone who is in the know can give a hand, URLs
or even help in the iChnitial setup?

Regards,

---rony