Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by ma...@gmail.com on 2020/02/22 15:00:42 UTC

File Transfer Issues

Hey all,

Hoping this hasn't been asked 100 times this past week.I am new to the list.

Situation: I am attempting to use the Device Redirection - Drive w/ XRDP on
a Linux host.

--I cannot put a file from the xrdp endpoint into the
thinclient_drives/GUACFS folder

--From my workstation I can drag a file into the browser and it is uploaded
to the specified folder on the Guacamole Server, but I never see it on the
xrdp endpoint.

Seems like a permissions issue related to the specified directory on the
Guacamole Server, but I have no idea where to start with troubleshooting
that.

Can someone give me a hint on where  I should focus my troubleshooting?

Re: File Transfer Issues

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 7:33 AM <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Update…it wasn’t perms on the Guac server.
>

> I’ve been playing around and testing different things, turns out it was
> the XRDP on both an Ubuntu and a newly built Xubuntu; for testing I built a
> Windows 10 box and the RDP file transfer worked fine.
>

> I built a new Ubuntu VM and installed the available xrdp in the repos, and
> the file transfers worked. (for now I suppose)
>

> I will have to go back and document what the versions were and such…but
> xrdp has been the culprit for about 98% of my issues, not Guacamole. 😊

Thanks for responding with your findings, Matt - always good to have the
community knowledge of these things, even if they aren't directly linked to
Guacamole!

-Nick

RE: File Transfer Issues

Posted by ma...@gmail.com.
Update…it wasn’t perms on the Guac server.

I’ve been playing around and testing different things, turns out it was the XRDP on both an Ubuntu and a newly built Xubuntu; for testing I built a Windows 10 box and the RDP file transfer worked fine.

I built a new Ubuntu VM and installed the available xrdp in the repos, and the file transfers worked. (for now I suppose)

I will have to go back and document what the versions were and such…but xrdp has been the culprit for about 98% of my issues, not Guacamole. 😊

-Matt

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Re: File Transfer Issues

Posted by Matt Nels <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: File Transfer Issues

Posted by Sebastian Männling <se...@qubestack.org>.

May I ask what operating system you are using?

I face similar issues... but only on centos/fedora.

Ubuntu and Windows is perfectly fine.

greetings,
Sebastian

> On 22. Feb 2020, at 16:00, "mattnels@gmail.com" <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hey all,
>
> Hoping this hasn’t been asked 100 times this past week…I am new to the list.
>
> Situation: I am attempting to use the Device Redirection – Drive w/ XRDP on a Linux host.
>
> --I cannot put a file from the xrdp endpoint into the thinclient_drives/GUACFS folder
>
> --From my workstation I can drag a file into the browser and it is uploaded to the specified folder on the Guacamole Server, but I never see it on the xrdp endpoint.
>
> Seems like a permissions issue related to the specified directory on the Guacamole Server, but I have no idea where to start with troubleshooting that.
>
> Can someone give me a hint on where  I should focus my troubleshooting?

RE: File Transfer Issues

Posted by ma...@gmail.com.
Previously, I was having some issues with the repo xrdp version, and I started building it from scratch; somewhere between 3 weeks ago I started having issues with the "new" xrdp hosts I was building.

On one of the hosts I removed the built  from scratch version and then installed the repo version and it started working again.

So I think you might be on to something.

-Matt